Thursday, March 3, 2011

Confidence and Interpretation

I had a funny exchange Monday night.

Monday night, at the China Harbor milonga, I never felt on. It was a mix of losing my balance, not quite connecting with music, and losing connection with my partner. This part was not funny, but it happens from time to time.

Later in the evening, I was standing at the bar, chatting with some friends (followers, in this case) who made the exact same observation. One of them I had danced with earlier, but added that she really enjoyed my dancing for our dance, it was just her dancing that felt off. And I thought the same: that her dancing was quite nice, even if mine was off.

I guess if we could stop criticizing ourselves, we could just take pleasure from the fact that our partner enjoyed the dance. Not a new realization, but it keeps happening.  I should try actually learning the lesson.

1 comment:

  1. How was the music?

    If the music does not have a flow my body recognizes I have problems with balance and connection. My inner satisfaction is also missing.

    There is some kind of equation
    My state of mind + music = OK dance

    If I have a great feeling for dance I can create something nice of all kind of songs

    ReplyDelete